The following is taken from http://parishofwalthamstow.wordpress.com/gallery/ which talks about Lloyd Park.
“The park is now named after the newspaper publisher, Edward Lloyd, who lived in Water House from 1857 when Morris moved out. In 1898 his family gave the house and gardens to the Walthamstow Urban District Council, to be used by the public as a recreation ground – providing the council bought some adjoining land to be used as playing fields.(This adjoining land is now Aveling Park which, from 1905 to 1910 was the home pitch for The Walthamstow Avenue Football Club.)”